Monday, June 4, 2012

We're heeeeere.

Charleston, that is.  It's been the longest day ever, but it has ended well.  Started off with my last OB appointment where I got hooked up to the monitor (non-stress test) and they checked on the baby's heart rate, etc.  There was a fun little blip where the monitor wasn't picking up her heart beat and about three people rushed in to make sure everything was fine (it was).  And fortunately, by this point, all the staff I encountered seemed to remember me and my situation and didn't ask any idiotic questions.  Everyone was wishing us well and promising prayers and good thoughts.
After that, I zipped home to finish packing...this involved about three hours of bustling around, which is about two hours and 45 minutes more bustling than I've done at a stretch in, I dunno, 9 months?
We said goodbye to our sweet (five year old German Shepherd) puppy Zander, who will be cared for while we're gone by Zach (also house sitting for us). *Huge* thank you to him.  After that, we got everything and everybody loaded into the car and sped off toward the coast.  My brilliant plan was for Henry to have his nap in the car.  Let's just say that didn't work out so well.  Fortunately, by the time we got to our destination, he was so happy to get out of the car and explore his new place (which is awesome--thank you Crossbridge) that the lack of nap didn't seem to affect him too much.
Now that we're here and starting to get settled, I've realized how much the prospect of what was essentially a move across the state was stressing me out.  I feel so much more relaxed, which is kinda funny, considering what's coming in three days.  My explanation for this is that everybody knows it's a huge pain to move, but I guess I'm still blessedly ignorant of what it's like having a CDH baby.  I'll hold on to whatever bit of innocence I can for as long as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers continuing for you. You are in my thoughts and enjoy these last few days/weeks with her inside.

    Love,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and praying constantly for sweet B's arrival!! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete