The plan right now is still to do her repair surgery on Monday. I admit I'm nervous about it, because to this point, any little procedure seems to throw her off track for at least a couple days. This surgery is a *major* event, and we've already been told multiple times that babies get sicker for the first few days afterwards. (Somebody remind me of that when I'm freaking out about how she's doing 24 hours post-op.) With that in mind, here are a few prayer requests:
- We would like Bonnie's blood pressure to become more stable. This has been an ongoing struggle from day one.
- We'd like to see her urine output increase in a big way so that she can de-puff. (And also to prove that her kidneys are working again after taking a little ECMO break.)
- Please pray that her blood gases remain good. Her particular challenge is her CO2 levels. Her oxygen levels have been stellar, for the most part.
- We would love for her to be able to wean down from the jet ventilator to the conventional vent by surgery day. If not, we need her to be on the lowest settings she can handle on the jet. This is so that, in the time following her repair (when everyone says she'll get "sicker"), they'll be able to increase her ventilator support if needed. I.e., if she's already maxed out on her ventilator settings when she goes to surgery, there won't be any more options to help her out.
- In general, please pray that God would prepare her little body to handle this surgery. It's a major surgery, and she's still a very sick baby.
We truly thank you for all the prayers you've lifted up for Bonnie. I honestly believe that's how she got off ECMO. God is good.