Friday, May 18, 2012

36 weeks

Not much new to report over the past week or so.  I'm currently cruising along at 36 weeks pregnant, and my standard answer to the "How are you feeling?" question is "Tired."  (Roughly 75% of this can be attributed to pregnancy.  The other 25% I'll blame on Henry, who has decided that sleeping until 7:30 is for the birds and has been getting up between 5:45 and 6:15 for the past three weeks or so.)
OB and MFM visits have been largely uneventful.  Yesterday the sonographer had to work really hard to get Bee to cooperate and demonstrate her practice breathing.  I'm thinking she was in a food coma (as was I), following a delicious lunch which included sweet potato fries.  She finally woke up though and proved she was perfectly capable of some nice practice breathing motions, thank-you-very-much.  Last week she was equally stubborn, and when the sonographer finally got her to wake up, we got some great pictures of a very ticked off baby.

She looks more and more like Henry with every passing week.  And since Henry looks *exactly* like Jonathan (and lately my father-in-law Jerry), that means I've got another baby who I seemingly had nothing to do with genetically.  Good thing I've got such a handsome husband, eh?  Anyway, these are from the "I look just like my brother" file.  That twisty thing by her face is the umbilical cord.

We're getting really close to the finish line, friends.  In less than three weeks, our little baby Bee will arrive.  It's really starting to get real.  Baby Parker was born today in Atlanta, and at last report was going to be placed on ECMO this afternoon.  I've been keeping up with his story since we found out about Bee's CDH, and I totally feel like I know his mom Abby.  The past several of her posts have really hit home, and I've been praying like crazy for them.  Knowing that Parker is *here* already means we're one step closer to meeting our own little fighter.  I can't imagine what kind of emotional roller coaster this family is already on, but I guess I don't really need to.  We'll be there soon.


  1. Look at her, with her sassy little self! She will be here before you know it, and y'all will do great. Thank you so much for your prayers!!

  2. Praying for little Baby Bee from down here in Uruguay...


    matt and toni